Sunday, April 1, 2012

Quotes

Quotes have always been something I love. I love reading them, finding new ones, and sharing them with others (mostly my best friend Anna). Instead of just picking one, I thought I'd share a few. In my last post, I talked a little bit about Pinterest and it is one of my favorite places to find new quotes. Here are just a few:

"Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always, believe in yourself. Because if you don't, then who will?" -- Marilyn Monroe

I love this quote because there were a few times in my life that I have felt like I was a failure. But the important thing to do is to just get up and try again. When you don't get it right the first time, make sure you learn your lesson and go at it again. Just like Marilyn said, believe in yourself and you'd be surprised at the things you can accomplish.

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole live believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein 

This is one of my favorite quotes! I love this metaphor because it's so easy to understand. I feel like we do this all the time in real life. We make judgements on people before we even get to know them. It's important to get to know a person and see what they've been through and struggled with before you can judge how they're supposed to be. Everyone is a genius in their own way.

"When you have to make a hard decision, flip a coin. Why? Because when that coin is in the air...you suddenly know what you're hoping for." -- Unknown 

This is another one of my favorites because it's so true! Actually, tonight Anna couldn't decide what nail polish to use. So I took them and put them behind my back and whatever hand she picked was the color she'd use. When I showed her the color she picked, she said, "Aw man! I wanted to use the other color!" Even though it sounds kind of stupid, it's exactly what the quote is about!

"Having courage does no mean that we are unafraid. Having courage and showing courage mean we face our fears. We are able to say, 'I have fallen, but I will get up.'" -- Maya Angelou  

I love this quote because it's very inspiring and uplifting. Even though you may fall down a few times, have the courage to stand back up and try again. It is kind of similar to Marilyn's quote above: keep trying and don't give up!

2 comments:

  1. :) I'm glad I could help. Albert Einstein's quote has always been one of my favorites, along with all the others though too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these quotes! Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always, believe in yourself. Because if you don't, then who will?" -- Marilyn Monroe, this one is my favorite. I think we can all get much needed inspiration from quotes! :)

    ReplyDelete